Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lots done today



Today I started sewing almost as soon as I woke up and only stopped to go to BJ's and to straighten the house. I finished up the 2nd charity quilt top from yesterday, and I also finished a top that I had here at the house. All in all that makes 3 Quilts 4 Kids tops that are ready to be quilted and bound. In other projects, I completed the batik block for the LQS BOM, and began a baby quilt to give as a gift. A small task that I'm actually excited about is the label that I printed out, transfered to a piece of fabric and then appliqued to the back of my Double Delight quilt. It's such a nice touch. Funny how something so small can have such a big impact on me.






Here is the January batik BOM and a little shot of my DD label next to it :)









Today, for the first time, I tried my hand at needle turn applique. I made a heart in snowball block for about.com's February block lotto.
I don't think it turned out horribly, but I also don't think that I will be turning out tons of these blocks either. We are not allowed to do any raw edge applique methods such as using double sided interfacing and blanket or satin stitching the edge (that would have been my preferred method). So, I tried something new. Last month I tried English paper piecing for the first time and I ended up being one of the lotto winners! Maybe something good will happen from trying these blocks too :0)
A very productive day it was!

0 comments: