Happily, I have a bit to report. First off, I completed this little quilt as a baby gift. It is for relatives in Italy who we will be staying with in a couple of weeks. I forget how old their daughter is, but I figured a little girly baby quilt would be appropriate. Now to think of a gift for our hosts and I will be all set!
My English paper piecing project is coming along. This is my progress halfway through the first step. There are still lots of basting stitches and threads hanging around it, but you get the idea. Next up is basting the fabric to the honeycomb shapes and attaching them around the edge (I placed the paper pieces in for the photo). They will be in the same fabric as the center octagon. Just getting this far was a lot of work, so I wanted to share the progress! The 2nd step will be posted on Saturday.
In swapping news, I received a great package from Karen in Australia as part of the We The People Mini Scrap Swap. It was sooo much fun to go through the fabric scraps. I'm one of those people who likes to order the "grab bags" from online fabric stores and rummage through the remnants at quilt shops, so this swap was right up my alley. Karen wrapped everything in fabric with Australian kookaburras and gum trees on it (don't think I'll bring myself to cut this one up!), and she also sent the pattern and embroidery floss as extra goodies. Many thanks to Karen!
Lastly, tonight I will be attending my first quilt guild meeting. I found a guild that meets only minutes from me and the members also do work for Quilts 4 Kids, which I'm already sewing for. I have no idea what to expect, so it will be a mini adventure. The exciting part is that Bonnie Hunter will be visiting the guild in April. I made her most recent mystery, Double Delight, so it would be fun to hear her speak to the guild.
Happy sewing :)

1 comments:
Hi Kristin, how did your first quilt guild meeting go???
Looks like you got some lovely goodies from the "We the people" swap.
Thanks for signing up for the International Women's Day FQ Swap i'm hosting. I've drawn pairs and you've matched with Kylie from Kylie's Stitch'n Sew. Can you please email me at: kfiedler(at)tpg(dot)com(dot)au so I can email you and Kylie with each others email addresses so you can swap postal details.
Thanks
Kelly :-)
Post a Comment