Tonight I made 2 star blocks to donate to the Bushfire Quilt Project that has been started on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/groups/977757@N25/). The pattern is called Maverick Star and is from www.quiltville.com. I hope the quilt that they go into offers a bit of comfort to someone who has been devastated by the fires in Australia. One of my most recent swap partners is from Victoria and to hear her take on the events in her country is heart breaking. Fortunately, she and her family are alright. These 2 blocks took me less than 1/2 hour to make and were done entirely with scraps. I think we all have the resources to make a couple of these. Please follow the link above if you're interested.
Monday, February 9, 2009
A charity project
Posted by Kristin C. at 8:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
These stars are so cute ... one of these days I'll make a quilt with freeform stars too. The little 16 patch is very cute too.
Kristin,
I just posted the info on my blog...I don't update it often, but thought this needed to be included. I put the links there, but not the 'button'. Someday I'll learn all this stuff! :>) I think it's a great cause, and one I'll be working on during the next couple sew days.
Thanks for posting this on about.com!!!
Sally in TX
Post a Comment