Saturday, January 31, 2009

5 hours of uninterrupted sewing :)






Yes, that's right. Today I sewed for almost 5 hours without the phone, chores, errands, children or husband bugging me! I attended a workshop hosted by Quilts for Kids, a charity quilting organization. It was great to be able to sew (did I mention without any interruptions??) for so long for such a good cause. The quilts are donated to hospitalized children. Here are 2 tops I worked on today. One is ready for quilting and binding, the other is still in progress. I love the pattern that we were working on. Each workshop teaches a different one. The colors are great to work with!


In other fun news, when I got home and checked messages, I discovered that I am one of this month's winners of the about.com block lotto! Woo hoo! I'm going to be receiving bow tie blocks. Here is what I donated to the party:



The 2 blocks on the right were my first attempt at doing English paper piecing. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be and I was so happy that I tried it. I'm actually planning a whole EPP project since I will be going to Italy in a month and want to have a take-along project with me. There was something very satisfying about hand piecing those units. Needless to say, I'm glad that I don't have to send them off to a different winner!

0 comments: