Here's a big stack of quilts that will be donated to Quilts 4 Kids. The group takes donated fabric and cuts it into kits so that quilts can be made for hospitalized children. My sons' preschool teacher used to do work for them and that's how I discovered this group. Their main headquarters location is only 10 minutes from me, and they have chapters all over the states. I like having a local connection to a nationwide group. Isn't this a great looking stack of quilts? It is such a great feeling of accomplishment to look at these quilts. And I could stare at the bright colors all day!!
Pictures of the individual quilts are on my flickr account http://www.flickr.com/photos/abxkris/. Four of the quilts are a simple 4-patch, but I love the other pattern. We learned it in a special Q4K workshop last month. The borders are made with scraps from trimming the block centers. Isn't it a great pattern?
On another note, I'm making progress on my Amy Butler weekender bag. Making something like this for a swap is a bit daunting because it's a huge investment of time and money, so I'm really hoping that my partner likes it!!

2 comments:
What a geat cause! Love those colors. I'm like you I could sit and stare at them all day!
Wow!! That is a large stack. I love those bright colors. Sounds like a great cause.
Post a Comment