DISCLAIMER: If you are my partner for the Amy Butler weekender bag swap and don't want to see your bag, stop reading! If you do want to see it, then continue on....but don't tell me if you don't like it because I'll be crushed!
This bag was the most heavy duty sewing I have ever done, and that's considering that I do make a lot of home decor items with heavy fabrics. Not only is the fabric thick, but there are layers of Peltex, interfacing and cording, and that's just on one side of the seam! Try putting together 2 panels that are interfaced, Peltex'ed, and have cording in addition to 2 layers of fabric. I'll tell you what you get: A whole lotta broken needles and cursing. The actual make up of the bag was pretty easy: 2 main panels, a bottom panel, top panel with a zipper, handles, pockets and a lining all put together in your typical way, but the number of layers was BRUTAL! I am thrilled that I finished it. If this project hadn't been for a swap I would have put it to the side for a long time and probably forgotten about it. That's what I like about swaps. They take me out of my comfort zone. Anyway, here it is:
In other project news, I competed step 1 of my English paper piecing mystery, and received step 2 this morning. Here's what I have so far:
I'm off to my LQS now to pick up this month's quilt block. Looking forward to getting out of the house and let DH take care of the home front for a bit. :)

3 comments:
LOVE the bag! After all that work I doubt I could part with it. The English Paper piecing is very pretty too!
LOVE the bag!!! I wish I was the lucky recipient! I can so relate to the putting difficult stuff to the side, it's great to have a deadline that makes you tuff it out.
Have fun at your LQS and pls email me with your contact details when you get back so I can pass them on to your International Women's Day FQ Swap buddy.
Hugs
Kelly :-)
It looks fantastic!!! I love it and so will your partner. You are exactly right about the AMH book. We will either a choose a project or you will list about 5 projects you love from the book and your partner can choose!
Post a Comment