Monday, January 26, 2009

Circle Fun




Today I took a great class at my local sewing machine/quilt shop. It used Cheryl Phillips' book Circle A Round and the accompanying ruler. We spent 4 hours playing with circles, and it was so much fun to discover all the possibilities with circles. I don't have anything finished to show, but here is what I was working on all day. We started with a basic circle, then layered another circle on that. We added stripes. We did a ring. We did a crescent. The crazy thing is that this is only a fraction of what we could brainstorm doing! I see many circles in my future.








And if all this wasn't exciting enough, I discovered a new tool for my machine. The Bernina circle stitching tool. It allows you to sew in a perfect circle! Regular and decorative stitches. Imagine the possibilities with it! Here's just a quick sampling. I didn't even get to finish the circle because time was up, but I used a purple + green variegated thread with some decorative stitches on a green batik. I am soooooo excited to have this new toy! It's a bit hard to see in this picture, but trust me, it was a worthy investment.



It was a great day spent learning something new.

0 comments: