Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Not much done for a snow day



School was canceled due to snow/ice today, so I was hoping that my morning step aerobics class that I teach would be canceled as well leaving me plenty of time to made headway on some projects. No luck. Still had to drag everyone to the gym. Nobody showed for class (surprise, surprise), so I got home and only had time to piece together the next step of a mystery that I'm working on. I found it on YouCanMakeThis.com's blog. It's a 'no-stress' fun quilt. I'm using a bunch of my favorite batiks. LOOOoooove batiks :)


In other exciting sewing news, three fun packages came in the mail today. It was so exciting to see the mailbox stuffed with my goodies from online shopping and swapping. First, I received a package of crazy quilting embellishments from an HGTV board member who I traded fabric with. She sent me tons of great threads, lace, buttons and charms. You can see how much fun my daughter is having exploring all the treasures! She wasn't as interested in the 8 FQ neutral pack that I got off Ebay (free shipping!), or the 66 (yes, 66!!) 10" squares of icy blue batiks that I got from a swap on about.com. However, they are very exciting to me!


Sofia loves to check in on my projects and, I have to say, she has a very good eye for color. I love to run things by her when I am trying to choose fabrics or design a top. I don't know if it's her childlike honesty or her artistic spirit that makes her opinion so valuable. Maybe a little of both!

0 comments: