Sunday, January 25, 2009

I've broken down....

...and started a blog.




Starting a blog was not high on my list of things to do. In fact, it wasn't there at all. Last month I started a flickr account and figured that would suffice (www.flickr.com/photos/abxkris/). But I have stumbled upon some great swaps here in blogland and was not eligible to participate due to not having a blog. Recently, I joined a couple swaps for which a blog was optional. Now I feel like "the swapper without a blog". So, in an effort to be less invisible in the online quilting/sewing world, I am officially starting my blog.




So, I don't know where this will go, but I am excited about the fact that I will have a place to record my sewing experiences, and I hope that others will be interested enough to read for a bit before going on to other eye candy. Feel free to leave a comment. It's a bit sad, but I don't have any friends who sew!! Really. Not one. Just my aunt and she lives 1.5 hrs. away. So needless to say, I've become quickly addicted to the online sewing world. I check many (many!) fora, blogs and yahoo groups multiple times throughout the day. I'm a stay at home mom, so this is what I do for a break from the errands, chores and kids.




Speaking of which, I have 3 great kids: Sofia, Robert and Vincent, who are 9, 7 and 5 years old, respectively. Currently, my job is to take care of them, but Vincent is already in Kindergarten, so I just started taking accounting classes at the community college since I might have to get an actual paying job soon! If I could figure out a way to stay home all day and sew, then I would, but I don't think that's very realistic.




In closing, I leave you with a picture of what I did today. It's a crazy quilt block made from Christmas scraps. This is my first attempt at CQ. On Feb 25, I am taking an online CQ course and hope to learn a bit more about getting started and the basics of embellishing.




1 comments:

Sallie Gayle said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I too am new. Just started lst Friday. I am sure you will love looking back in 10 years and think wow ,look how far I have come. I think it is a great thing to come and write about stuff and when we are gone our children and grandchildren will have a piece of our thoughts and talents to keep.
Welcome again!
Gayle
salliegayledesigns.blogspot.com