Thursday, January 29, 2009

New BOM project



Today I went to the local sewing store for their $5 quilt block of the month. For $5, you get a free block kit. If you bring it back completed the following month, the next block is free. They also offer a batik colorway option, but that is $5 each month. Of course I decided to do both! Here's a picture of the first block made with the basic color option and in the foreground are the batiks for the 2nd block option. The batiks are exactly my style!

If you look to the right in the background of the picture you can see my Double Delight quilt. It was Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery which started on 12/31/08. I am extremely proud of it, but I am waiting to post a picture until it's quilted and bound.

Did you notice my newly-decorated side bar? They are only pictures of the online activities that I am involved with, but I am sure that I will soon figure out how to post them as links to the actual projects. I just didn't do that today because I've been itching to flaunt some side-bar flair on my blog. After all, this is why I wanted to start blogging: because I'm proud of all the online sewing fun I've been having and it's these swaps, mysteries and groups that I have to thank for all the excitement. Hopefully they will be working links soon.....

0 comments: