Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sewing Sunday

Today was a great day to ignore the housework and enjoy some sewing projects. First thing this morning, I decided to finally assemble some crazy quilting blocks for lesson 1 of an online CQ class I'm taking through joggles.com. Here is what I came up with:

I'm not going to go crazy perfecting the fabric choices and placement at this stage because the whole point of taking this class (for me) is to learn the techniques. If these blocks end up looking like a big mish mosh of CQ techniques by the end of the class, then I will have accomplished my goal. So, for now, this is what I'm working with. Lessons 2 and 3 are ready and waiting for me. I'm looking forward to embellishing these blocks.

Today I also attended another Quilts 4 Kids workshop where I learned this pattern:

It wasn't my favorite top to piece together, but I love learning new patterns and the people that attend the workshops are a lot of fun to be with. I do like how the final product turned out though.

In swapping business, I received my Teeny Tiny Squares Mini Quilt from Maria in Denmark! Maria said that this was her first mini and I think she did a great job. Each square finished at 3/4" and they were pieced together perfectly! Many thanks to Maria for the great goodies too. I am hiding the chocolate from my husband because he almost completely devoured one of the bags!


0 comments: