Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Finally done!

On New Year's Eve I started Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt called Double Delight. It's been 3 months, but it's finally done! For some reason I did not want to post it until it was completely finished....

The finished dimensions are smaller than the original pattern. The first step involved making 180 units and then there was a step that required making 360 units or something obscene like that! I decided to start out by making half the units called for and then seeing how the mystery turned out. I'm glad I did because once we had the final block constructed, I realized that I was happy with the smaller size and only had to make 4 more blocks to complete the quilt. Here is some of the quilting detail:
I used the embroidery module for the setting triangle motifs and I did the stippling myself. That's a lot of stippling. On the back I decided to use some of the extra units to avoid piecing 2 widths of fabric together:
The colors are also different than Bonnie's recommendations mostly because I was trying to work from stash. Next month Bonnie is speaking to our quilt guild and I am bringing this quilt for show and tell. Guess I better fix all my little mistakes before then!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt!!! The colors are beautiful together - very smoothing and the design just awesome!

This is my first time on your blog and have to tell you I just love all color you put into your quilts - enough to brighten anyones day - just gorgeous!