Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A new endeavor

Today my youngest son was at his friend's house for the morning, so I took advantage of having the house to myself and decided to learn how to use the embroidery module that I got for my anniversary 2 months ago. What a great morning. I can't say that the Bernina manual is very user friendly, but I figured out the basics and was able to get some quilting done on a new quilt for my niece. I am calling it "Ava's-spring-out-and-about-quilt". OK, so I'm not the best at naming my quilts. Here is the quilting that I got done before I ran out of thread:
A little closer.....
The goal is to finish the quilt by Saturday, which is the next time I am visiting my sister's house.

I've been getting a lot of things done lately. Mostly I am trying to wrap up swaps before gardening/swimming season starts and I don't have as much time inside. I'll be continuing with my mini quilt swaps, but reducing the number of block and fabric swaps I take on. In other projects, I am furiously quilting my Double Delight quilt so that I can share it at guild next month when Bonnie Hunter will be our guest speaker. How exciting will that be??!?

Happy sewing :)

0 comments: