Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day Sew-a-thon

Memorial Day weekend was so relaxed that it turned into an unofficial sew-a-thon for me. It's slightly surprising that I had so much time to sew even with spending Monday at the beach and having family afternoon out at the movies and dinner on both Saturday and Sunday (We saw Night at the Museum II and Earth). So without further ado, here's what I got accomplished....


I finished quilting this:


I LOVED doing the swirls. It was so much easier than I expected. Here's some detail:

On Monday at the beach, I did the binding on this UFO:

I pieced these tops for Quilts for Kids from my own stash (as opposed to using their donated fabric). First is a Girls' I Spy Snowball top:
Here are 3 boys' I Spy quilts. The first was harder than I expected when it came time to put it together. I stuck with some easy 4 patches after that!! The first was a UFO that I finally finished. The second 2 quilts were easier and I pieced them over the weekend.




This weekend I put some borders on the baseball quilt and finished quilting and binding it along with the Spiderman quilt. I pieced ANOTHER top for Q4K and made myself a new ironing board cover. I LOVE IT!

Thanks for stopping by! Happy sewing to everyone :)

0 comments: